Targeted: 100,000 Amex Membership Rewards Points Bonus
INSIDER SECRET: To get notified when deals like these pop-up, subscribe to our email newsletter.
Note: These offers are subject to change at any time.
There are fantastic targeted deals for The Platinum Card® from American Express and the American Express® Gold Card. You can see if you qualify for the deals through the CardMatch tool. When you use the CardMatch tool your credit won’t be pulled unless you apply for the card.
If you’re eligible for the Amex Platinum card deal, you’ll earn 100,000 Amex Membership Rewards points after spending $5,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. That’s 40,000 points more than the current public offer.
There is also a 50,000-point welcome offer for the Amex Gold Card (15,000 points higher than the public offer), which you can earn after spending $2,000 in the first three months.
Targeted Increased Amex Membership Rewards Point Bonuses
Read our full review of The Platinum Card® from American Express
Read our full Amex Gold card review
See if you’re targeted for these offers here
I wasn’t eligible for either of these deals, but if you were here’s a reminder of the cards’ perks. The Amex Platinum card comes with:
- 5X Amex Membership Rewards points on airline tickets purchased directly with airlines or with American Express Travel, and on prepaid hotels booked on the Amex Travel Portal
- $200 annual airline incidental fee credit on your selected airline
- Up to $200 in Uber credit per year
- Up to $100 credit for Saks Fifth Avenue
- Gold Elite status with Hilton & Marriott
- Statement credit every 4 years after you apply for Global Entry ($100) or TSA PreCheck ($85)
- Amazing airport lounge access
- Terms apply
The $550 annual fee is NOT waived the first year (See Rates & Fees). But you can easily offset it with the card’s perks.
If you’re approved for the Amex Gold card, you can take advantage of these benefits:
- 4 Amex Membership Rewards points per dollar at restaurants
- 4 Amex Membership Rewards points per dollar at US supermarkets, on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases (then 1X)
- 3 Amex Membership Rewards points per dollar on flights booked directly with airlines or on
- Up to $120 dining credit ($10 monthly) each year at participating restaurants (enrollment required)
- Up to $100 airline incidental fee credit each calendar year on your selected airline
- No foreign transaction fees (See Rates & Fees)
- Terms Apply
The card has a $250 annual fee (See Rates & Fees).
Don’t Hesitate If You’re Targeted
Amex only lets you earn the welcome bonus on each card once per lifetime. So you should always make sure you’re getting the biggest welcome bonus possible. And you can do a lot with 50,000 or 100,000 Amex Membership Rewards points.
You could transfer those points to British Airways and book 2-4 round-trip flights from the West Coast to Hawaii. Or you can book round-trip flights to Hawaii from anywhere on the mainland US on United Airlines using only 35,000 Singapore Airlines miles (a 1:1 Amex transfer partner).
If you want to go someplace more exotic, you can transfer 50,000 Amex Membership Rewards points to ANA for a round-trip coach ticket between the US and Japan during the regular season and only 40,000 points during the low season.
You could even turn the bonus into a round-trip business-class flight to Europe, because you can book non-stop Delta business class flights from the US to Europe for 50,000 Virgin Atlantic miles one-way. And because you’re flying on Delta, you can skip the London connection and avoid those massive taxes and fees.
Note: You’ll pay an excise fee of 0.06 cents per point, to a maximum of $99, when you transfer American Express Membership Rewards points to US airlines, like Delta or JetBlue.
To learn more about Amex Membership Rewards points, check out these guides:
- Best ways to use Amex points
- Amex points value
- How to earn Amex points
- How to use American Express points
For the latest tips and tricks on traveling big without spending a fortune, please subscribe to the Million Mile Secrets daily email newsletter.
For rates and fees of The Platinum Card® from American Express, please click here.
For rates and fees of the American Express® Gold Card, please click here.