New IHG promotion — Earn up to 40 bonus points per dollar on IHG stays
IHG recently announced it won’t be releasing a new PointBreaks list at this time or possibly ever again (we don’t know for certain) and it also isn’t running another version of its Accelerate promotion at this moment. What is available for now is a new offer advertising up to 4x bonus points on stays. The promotion is valid for stays from February 15 to May 15, but you’ve only got until April 15 to register.
While this IHG promotion advertises 4x points, if you have the IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card you can earn up to 55x points. I’ll explain more below.
IHG 4x points promotion
Register by: Apr. 15, 2020
Travel dates: Feb. 15 to May. 15, 2020
- Must register (use promotion code 63881) and book your stay by April 15, 2020
- You’ll earn bonus points in the following way:
- Earn 1,000 bonus points after your first night
- Earn 2x bonus points on nights 2-5 (up to 100,000 bonus points)
- Earn 3x bonus points on nights 6-14 (up to 100,000 bonus points)
- Earn 4x bonus points on night 15 and beyond (up to 100,000 bonus points)
- Your qualifying stay must cost $30 or more
- Maximum bonus points allowed per member during the promotion is 301,000
Promotion link: IHG 4x promotion
Frankly, there aren’t a lot of interesting hotel promotions out there, so that alone means this one is worth at least looking at a bit more. You earn 10x IHG points at every IHG brand except for Staybridge Suites and Candlewood Suites:
That means after your 15th qualifying night you’ll be pulling in 40 IHG points per dollar. Now, With the IHG Premier card you get 10x bonus points at IHG hotels and resorts and you get IHG Platinum status. Platinum status has a variety of ho-hum benefits, but you do get a 50% bonus on the base points you earn, which equates to 5x points on IHG stays (not including Staybridge or Candlewood suites).
Add that all up and you’re looking at 55x IHG points for your 15th night and beyond. We value IHG points at around .5 cents each, so that’s a stellar 27.5% return. I don’t recommend going out of your way to stay 15 nights at IHG properties, but it’s worth registering for the promo and taking a look at your plans to see if it’s something you might be able to do without spending more.
|For more travel and credit card news, deals and analysis sign-up for our newsletter here.|
Featured photo by Sorbis/Shutterstock.