Latest OnePlus 8T update brings Bitmoji AOD, August security patch
Welcome to the OnePlus 8T updates hub. Here, you’ll find everything you need to know about the latest Android updates for the device, including past and future software versions.
Like its siblings, the OnePlus 8T runs on Oxygen OS, OnePlus’ homebaked Android skin. Oxygen OS is known for fast updates that come for a very long time, so be sure to bookmark this page and revisit often.
- Current stable version: Android 11
- When will the OnePlus 8T get Android 12? December 2021 (estimated)
Latest OnePlus 8T update
August 19, 2021: OnePlus is rolling out Oxygen OS 18.104.22.168 (EU and NA) and 22.214.171.124 (IN) to the OnePlus 8T. Although numbered differently, they’re effectively the same update with the same core changes. The Ambient Display now sees a Bitmoji mode and also gains an AOD screenshot feature. Support for the OnePlus Buds Pro also arrives, while OnePlus is also bringing the OnePlus Store app to India. Finally, the OnePlus 8T is gaining the August security patch after missing out on the July patch in last month’s update cycle.
Several other fixes and optimizations are also listed by OnePlus. See the full changelog below:
- Newly adapted OnePlus Buds Pro and brought new powerful features
- Newly added the screenshot feature for AOD
- Fixed the failed issue of Navigation gestures in some scenes
- Improved system stability and fixed known issues
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.08
- Optimized the portrait mode effect of the front camera
- OnePlus Store (IN Only)
- An intuitive and convenient way to manage your OnePlus account, get easy-to-access support, discover exciting members-only benefits, and shop for OnePlus products. (Please note that it can be uninstalled)
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Bitmoji AOD, co-designed with Snapchat, which will liven up the ambient display with your personal Bitmoji avatar. Your avatar will update throughout the day based on your activity and things happening around you (Path: Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display > Bitmoji)
OnePlus notes the update is currently available in Europe but will roll out to North American and Indian users in due course. Want to check if the update is available? Then head to Settings > System > System updates on your device.
Previous OnePlus 8T updates
July 22, 2021: The relatively slim Oxygen OS 126.96.36.199 update brought the OnePlus Store to the OnePlus 8T, as well as camera and system fixes.
May 27, 2021: OnePlus pushed out a new Oxygen OS update to OnePlus 8T users in India and Europe (188.8.131.52), and North America (184.108.40.206). The update brought the May 2021 security patch, improved network performance, and improved smoothness while sliding on the home screen. It also brought several fixes.
March 29, 2021: Numbered as the Oxygen OS 220.127.116.11 update in India and Europe, and Oxygen OS 18.104.22.168 in North America, this stable patch brought crucial fixes for the overall system, camera, and clock. The March 2021 Android security update was also included.
December 29, 2020: OnePlus launched the Oxygen OS 22.214.171.124 update to unlocked devices around the world. The biggest change with this update is the introduction of a new feature that allows you to adjust the keyboard height. This should help people have a better typing experience since they can adjust the keyboard to fit their unique needs and preferences. This update also delivered improved Nightscape image quality, improved gestures, better fingerprint unlock, and the November 2020 patch.
November 21, 2020: The manufacturer rolled out Oxygen OS 126.96.36.199 for the OnePlus 8T. The update consisted of a bunch of improvements, including better fingerprint recognition and imaging quality. OnePlus said power consumption optimizations in the update also increase the battery life of the phone. In addition, the update fixed an app cache bug and a screen flash issue. Overall system performance and stability also got a boost.
November 5, 2020: OnePlus released the Oxygen OS 188.8.131.52 build for the OnePlus 8T. It included optimizations to power consumption, improvements to camera quality and stability, and a bunch of bug fixes.
Let us know which OnePlus 8T update you’re rocking in the comments, and if you’ve spotted a recent update we’ve missed, tip us!
Are you looking for another device update? Head to our general Android 11 update tracker at the link.